We are the Tulare County Homebrewers Organization for Perfect Suds, or TCHOPS for short. We are a homebrewing, wine and mead making club in the Tulare County area of Central California. Our goal is to share our craft with each other, build an awareness of craft brewing in the area, and create an educational environment for beginner, novice and experienced homebrewers alike.
We participate in a variety of events throughout the year. Our meetings are usually scheduled at 1:00 p.m. on the third Sunday of each month. Meetings vary, but we frequently host meetings at Brewbakers Brewing Company and Howie & Son’s Pizza Parlor in Visalia, CA.
Feel free to poke around our website by using the menu above or you can view our latest updates and upcoming events below. You can also find us on Facebook here. If you have any questions or would just like to find out more about us, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
2014 Tulare County Homebrewing and Winemaking Contest Results
Congratulations to all the winner’s of the 2014 Tulare County Homebrewing and Wine Making Contest winners, and a HUGE THANK YOU to all those who entered.
Best of Show
Damon De Roma – Smoked Porter
1. Matt Bolden – Cream Ale
2. John Parker – American Rye Ale
3. Steve Mason – Cream Ale
1. Dennis Chicoine – English IPA
2. John Parker – ESB
3. Steve Mason – Brown Porter
1. Nathan Alexander – Imperial Munich Helles
2. Damon De Roma – Smoked Porter
3. Steven Mason – Green Apple Lambic
1. Matthew Rick – Dry Sparkling Cherry Cider
2. Steve Mason – Cider
Wine Making Contest
Best of Show
John Parker -Merlot
Division 95 – Red Table Wines
1. John Parker – Blended Red (tie)
1. Lloyd Pendola – Merlot (tie)
2. John Parker – Merlot
3. Lloyd Pendola – Ruby Port
Division 96 – White Table Wines
1. Lloyd Pendola – White Chianti
2. Lloyd Pendola – Orange Muscat Port
3. Lloyd Pendola – White Thomnscat
Division 97 – Non-Grape Wines
1. Lloyd Pendola – Cranberry Wine
2. Lloyd Pendola – Pomegranate